Our friend Jill Konrath admits it’s tempting to slip into “poor me” thinking. But we have a single option right now. We need to focus on what we can control.
Our brain loves challenges. It rises to the occasion, scanning memory for useful information. It pulls together unlinked thoughts to find new strategies. Ditch the word “problem.” Instead, say: “We have a real challenge here.” Ask yourself:
- How can we attract new clients?
- How can we keep our current clients?
- What greater value can we create?
- How can we make it easier for our customers to make buying decisions?
- How can we increase our share of each customer’s business with us?”
- How would Zig Ziglar or another successful salesperson handle this?
- Which prospects need what I have?
- How can I best show them?
When you do this, new ideas emerge.
Let’s be blunt. Nearly 90% of entrepreneurs need to improve their sales skills.
Spend time preparing for your calls.
Do your homework on prospects.
Learn about their issues and concerns.
Figure out how your offer will help with what they’re trying to accomplish.
We share such field-tested strategies in “Uncover Your Inner Sales Genius.”
Claim your free electronic copy by filling out the form at the top of the page.
Already on my mailing list? Email me for your free electronic copy at JerryBellune@yahoo.com .
What are you doing to survive today? Share your ideas with us and other readers by emailing JerryBellune@yahoo.com .
Next: Focus on success – not fear
Copyright 2020, The Bellune Co., Inc.