I’ll never forget the salesman who ended his presentation by asking for the names of 3 people who might use his products.
I told him he should be ashamed of such tactics. I wouldn’t buy nor refer anyone.
Referrals are always vital, particularly during covid-19. Think about the last time you referred someone to a company whose products you used.
- Was it an active referral?
- Were you thanked for the referral?
- What did you receive for the referral?
- Did you feel appreciated?
- Have you provided multiple referrals?
Our friend Ruth King defines active referrals as those you make because you were encouraged to do it – but only after it is clear that you are a loyal customer who sees their offers would benefit your friends.
Ruth says active referrals:
- Build a loyal customer base at lower acquisition costs.
- Referrals are open to buying from you and are less price sensitive.
- Customers who refer show they trust you for taking care of them.
Do business with your customers and make referrals to them. That gives them reason to reciprocate.
We share such ideas in “Uncover Your Inner Sales Genius.” For a complimentary copy go to JerryBellune.net
Next: The Rubber Duck Strategy
Copyright 2020, The Bellune Co., Inc.